Old March 6th 06, 02:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default sangean ats909 versus sony 7600g

On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 20:28:03 +0100, switcher
wrote:

http://www.winsor.f9.co.uk/Site/Rx%2...0portatifs.htm

sens/select seems to be better on the sangean.

Do/did ( ;-) you agree ??

I hope the drm s are coming ...

I have the Radio Shack badged Sangean 909 and the 7600G. I favor the
7600G as I've found it's selectivity to be better - sensitivity on the
whip is better though that is not an issue once you have about 30 feet
of wire for an antenna. The pluses for the 909 are more memories -
though the 7600GR has narrowed the gap - a tuning knob and finer
tuning for SSB vs a 'clarifier' thumbwheel SSB on the 7600G. I've
found the synch on the 7600G to only sometimes help. Overall, I think
they're close enough that it's hard to fault somebody for choosing one
over the other - depends on which features appeal to you more.
However, the 909 is about $80 more than the 7600GR; read some other
people's opinions but it does have a nice table that compares
features) and choose based on what's important to you.