Old March 6th 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Gene Fuller

Default Current through coils

Cecil,

Your response makes no sense at all. Unequal currents into and out of a
passive black box implies charge storage, which generally means capacitance.

You cannot have it any other way, with or without waves or reflections.
Conservation of charge is one of the most fundamental laws in nature.

Reg was correct.

73,
Gene
W4SZ

Cecil Moore wrote:
Gene Fuller wrote:

I am quite familiar with Kirchoff's equation in regard to voltages
around a loop and his equation about currents at a node. Did I miss a
third equation regarding currents around a loop?

Nope, you missed an implication of Kirchhoff's current law.
Unequal currents into and out of a passive black box implies
the existence of a node inside the box.