Old March 6th 06, 10:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Charly

Default sangean ats909 versus sony 7600g

Telamon wrote:
The batteries seem to last well for me also. I attribute some of this
longevity to the fact that I use earphones a lot and they don't take as
much power to drive as the built in speaker.

So do I, I'm running on ni-mh 1700 mAh rechargeable batteries and it last 2 to 4
weeks depending on how often/long I listen to the radio.

I can't speak for the 7600 I never had, but I have also the Sony SW100 and
sensitivity of the 909 is above the Sony. The Sync of the Sony does help
sometimes, but often the 909 has a better signal anyway.

I'll stay with the 909 for the DX with an external antenna... And yes, the
tuning knob is quite compfortable...

Charly