Old March 6th 06, 03:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bob Bob

Default does doppler systems work only for unmodulated continous wavesignals?

Yes. Dunno if I'd call it reliable though grin. If you had this kind
of system on a moving vehicle for example the RX would have to be able
to follow the TX. You'll get about +-200Hz shift with a speed of 100kph.
(ie 400Hz as a vehicle goes past you)

I have been intending for ages setting up a 2m beacon on my car and
seeing if I can yield any driving location/speed etc info from the shift
and phase noise. (11Hz at 100kph)

Cheers Bob VK2YQA

mazerom wrote:

the doppler shift is fundamentally a tone frequency brought about by a
continuous wave source moving in and out. is it possible to have
reliable doppler shift when our source is spread spectrum or say some
form of digital modulation?