Old March 6th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Stargatesg1

Default Hallicrafters S-38 lack of sensitivity on the HF bands

Hi,
Given the age of the unit, and that you have already had to replace a few
components that had changed value, an alignment would probably be in order.
Try the better antenna first and if your happy with the sensitivity than
don't worry about it. I myself would do the alignment just to be sure.

Good Luck,
RoD

"Rod" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm working on a Hallicrafters S-38 and have already recapped the radio
and even changed a few resistors that measured a bit high. I receive
loads of stations on the standard broadcast band, but the radio is not
nearly as sensitive on bands 2, 3, and 4. Anyone have some help with
this one? Perhaps an alignment would do the trick? Or is there
something else? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.