Old March 6th 06, 08:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
type name here

Default Practice morse code

"CLFE" wrote in
:

"Slow Code" wrote in message
nk.net...
"CLFE" wrote in
:

"bob" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone here know of a program that you can use to practice
sending morse code messages? All the sites that I have gone to that
covers learning morse code only have recordings of morse code.

WWW.QRZ.COM

There are some programs there you may be able to download to practice.
I believe most if not all "send it to you - randomly - some may even
allow you to type a message to be sent back to you at whatever speed
you want - usually settings of 5/10/13/20 and up........ though only
5WPM is the top speed needed now.

And if you test with W5YI you might only need to learn it to one or two
words per minute.

SC

I don't know about that. I use W5YI and the tapes I use do come out to 5
WPM. Don't shoot yourself in the foot with overconfidence. I've seen
(heard) people say no problem - only to bomb a test. Needless to say -
they get embarassed.

I was just making fun. ARRL ve's like joke about W5YI a lot.

sc