Old March 6th 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
CLFE

Default CW repeater ID speeds are way way to fast.

The ARRL has NOTHING to do with it. The FCC has suggestions on the speed -
though I can't recall them off hand. Used to be 20WPM. I don't think there
is anything stopping a CW ID now - from sending slower - since the code is
only 5WPM max. It would take longer to go out - and drop the repeater -
which to some "could" get nerve wracking.

"Slow Code" wrote in message
ink.net...
How can new hams and upgrades ever be expected to know what repeaters
they're kerchunking? ARRL should do something about this.

SC