Old March 6th 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

Default Reno SWL's Please Help

On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 14:01:38 -0600, Radio TexMex
wrote:

David wrote:

On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 11:23:48 -0600, Radio TexMex
wrote:

Teenagedeathboy wrote:

I'm an SWL in Reno, Nv and I can't seem to find anywhere other than
Radio Shack to purchase a good shortwave reciever. I've had a Grundig
YB400 for a couple of years now and I want to expand on my listening
post. Circuit City and other consumer electronics stores sell
mini-portables and such but those are not what I am looking for. A
porta-top or tabletop model like a Sattilite 800 or the new Eton E1
would be nice.... does anyone know where I can get these in Reno?
Thanks.

Not interested in Ebay? There is a wide variety of radios for SWLs on
eBay, and if you do some homework, smart bidding and patience you might
find a good deal.

- Matt

Ick!

Care to expand on that for me?

eBay reminds me of garage sales. Besides, stuff costs more on eBay
than it does from stores.