Old October 26th 03, 01:34 PM
Dave Glow, AA1VX

Apparently, due to a design flaw in the original model, you can easily burn
out the 20 meter trap by running legal power. I destroyed mine running 600
watts, and another ham burned his out doing the same thing. Cushcraft can't
replace the individual trap. I've obtained a spare 30 meter trap from
another ham and am modifying it to replace the bad 20 meter trap.

I don't know if this will work or not, but I had great success with the
R7000 during the 2 years I had it. I worked over 280 countries with it and
was very pleased with its performance.

Dave AA1VX