Old March 7th 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark

Default doppler problem

On 7 Mar 2006 06:04:13 -0800, "mazerom"
wrote:

how accurate can we get with doppler shift when we have a digitally
modulated signal as its source?compared to a unmodulated CW signals
which has a tone frequency,whats the reliability of an FSK signal?

Hi OM,

You've got too many factors running through this. For one, digitally
modulated is not digital data mode (FSK). There are a world of
modulation types and some are strictly derived from a bit stream (not
all bits equal in width either). Sometimes even the carriers are
digitally derived (not a sine wave).

Doppler is going to give rise to dispersion (often a term confined
these days to fiber optics, but whose derivation arose from waveguides
- LF Optics).

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC