Old March 7th 06, 06:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Joel Kolstad

Default Picket-fenced ground gias next to microstrip traces

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the response -- I'll go and read that app note.

If by "picket fenced vias" you mean the projections outward from the
signal vias on the evaluation boards

I mean all the vias going from the top side copper to the ground plane.
Viewed from the side -- and with a little imagination -- those vias kinda look
like a picket fense. OK, maybe not so much, but I *have* heard this term
before; I'm not making it up myself! :-)