Old March 8th 06, 02:21 AM
weatherall weatherall is offline
Senior Member

Location: san francisco, ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duper
Hello, this is my first post. I have recently purchased an Eton E10 and like it very much. My choices for new radios is rather limited here in Ottawa, Canada as there are not many local retailers carrying shortwave radios.
Why not use mailorder?

Radiointel.com is a great site for shortwave receiver reviews. Many of their reviews point out the similarities and differences with other radios in the same class. eham.net also has lots of user-submitted reviews.

I have an E5, and I got it from universal-radio.com in mid-February. I like it except for the lack of sync detect to combat fading signals. The tuning knob is really nice in the shortwave bands, the ssb is clear (unlike the Kaito 1102 where the ssb is a bit warbled), and the operation of the station memories is quite intuitive. But it is expensive considering the features it doesn't have.
weatherall :: http://cobaltpet.blogspot.com/