Old March 7th 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Jim Hampton

Default vanity call signs

"wy0ohg143" wrote in message
I think they should only issue vanity call signs to General class

licensees
and above.
There are too many new Techs using up all the good vanity call signs
available, only to go off the air after a few months and effectively
taking the call sign out of the available pool for the next 12 years.

I think it would also be an incentive to upgrade.....Just my
opinion.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ham-Radio-Unplugged/

I'm seriously considering getting my old call back. No one would want the
thing (hey, I want a 1X2), but a WB2 would be from the 60s. You can't tell
from a call sign today how long someone may have been licensed.

Heck, I'm old as air, twice as polluted, and was first licensed in 1962!

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA (former WN2CJV, WB2OSP, WA3RJX, N2JH)