Old March 7th 06, 10:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Joe Analssandrini

Default degan 1103 and Sangean 909 V Sony SW77

I have been looking at both the degan 1103 and the Sangean 909.
Against the radios I already have, do you think I would benefit at all from
getting either one or even both the aforementioned radio's

Frankly, no.

In my opinion, both would be inferior to what you already have.

Should you really want a newer small portable, you might consider the
Sony ICF-SW7600GR, but I don't think even that will offer you much more
in performance than what you already have. As for your other two, no
matter what you spend on new receivers, you won't hear any more
stations than what those can hear.

If you really want to improve your listening, experiment with different
and possibly better antennas for your various radios. Remember - it's
the antenna that brings in the signal and the best radio in the world
is worthless with an inadequate antenna.

Best,

Joe