Old March 8th 06, 07:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark

Default doppler problem

On 7 Mar 2006 16:29:45 -0800, "mazerom"
wrote:

.how significant will be the
doppler shift of its spectral components other than its carrier
signal?thanks

How much dispersion can you tolerate? "Significance" is an emotional
measure (which is to say it isn't a measure at all). If you cannot
quantify what you mean by this, no one can offer how significant it
is. I've a career of measuring very small differences out to 12
places. What was significant to me was a matter of utter indifference
to 99.999999% of the population - if that many.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC