Old September 27th 03, 09:53 PM
Richard Clark

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 23:15:44 -0500, Cecil Moore
wrote:

Richard Clark wrote:

wrote:
For lossless transmission lines, |rho| = Sqrt(Pref/Pfwd). You don't
even need to know the load and/or source impedances.

How did you get a -1 out of your |rho|?

I probably should have said rho^2 = Pref/Pfwd. When Pref = Pfwd,
rho can be plus or minus one. I used |rho| to indicate a magnitude,
sans phase angle, not an absolute value.

Hi Cecil,

You obviously don't respect/know the difference between a dependant
variable (rho) and independent variables (P).

Rho is a dependency of the interface, not a translatable value you are
forcing illogic to perform. You really need to ride your bike to the
library more and offer these poor examples less. Since Rho is the
dependant variable, even squared (for you to force a -1 into this
charade) requires a concurrent observance of a negative in the right
hand side (negative power - perhaps if you were in a black hole).

The long and short of it is that this confirms Jim's observance of
your forced math serving your canards rather than logic. Oh, and
please stop offering and polluting Chipman as a resource when you've
only copied one page.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC