Old March 8th 06, 08:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bob Miller

Default Why antennas aren't necessary for shortwave listening.

On 8 Mar 2006 10:03:33 -0800, "N9NEO" wrote:

I'm not sure what kind of a front end the Racal has in it but it
certainly is a sensitive beast. I hope to one day get it out of the
inbasket and back into the shack. I would like to put it next to
another SP600. I had to sell my SP600 in order to get the Drake R8B.
The R8B is of course my favorite.

So there ya go. Now if somebody knows what the Racal has for front end
please tell.

73
Bob
N9NEO

I recently picked up a used Sony 2010 and was astounded that it would
pick up the nightly 3922 net with just the built-in 47" whip antenna,
even the 100 watt guys 500 miles out.

bob
k5qwg