Old March 9th 06, 03:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Mike Coslo

Default Vertical vs Horizontal shootout part one

Reg Edwards wrote:
Radiation from feedlines is grossly exaggerated.

Hi Reg, I can't see who you are replying to - a line of quote would be
wunnerful. 8^)

For many purposes, practically it does not occur.

When discussing the importance of such radiation one should always
crudely estimate its level relative to transmitter or radiated power.

Is there any way of doing that? Guessing? I've looked around a bit, and
mostly seen "Yes it does", or "no it doesn't". I suppose I could make a
current probe,(too) but can see this exercise edging toward me buying
some large tract of land somewhere and putting up an antenna range! ;^)

If you don't know what its level is then you don't know what you are
waffling about.

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -