Old March 8th 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Phil Kane

Default vanity call signs

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 23:13:18 GMT, Jim Hampton wrote:

I'm seriously considering getting my old call back. No one would want the
thing (hey, I want a 1X2), but a WB2 would be from the 60s. You can't tell
from a call sign today how long someone may have been licensed.

DO IT!!! I filed to get my original call back on the first day that
applications were being accepted ten years ago (gotta' renew this
spring). I traded a 1X2 for my old 1X3. The 1X2 was snapped up
almost immediately. I wanted it for a club station that I
"trustee", but another club grabbed it one day before our app hit
G'burg.

Heck, I'm old as air, twice as polluted, and was first licensed in 1962!

Got you beat by 10 years.....

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane