Old October 30th 03, 03:27 PM
Thierry

"Tomas" wrote in message
Quick update:

Hi,
Explanation full exact even if lack of detail (normal in a forum) ;-)

Now, added to this geomagnetic storm and the general closure of the HF
spectrum, we have this new X11-class flare from 2049Z. I don't yet know

if
a CME was associated with this one.

CME was associated to that X flare (as 90% of the time due to strong E.M.
field beneath the Sun surface, near the huge dark spot)
X-flare reached immediately the Earth (ligh speed) while the CME about 2
days later (so now !).
See on SEC or NASA websites for update and detail.

Full explanation in French (but there is a Translation module available too)
on my website:
Aurora: : http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/aurore.htm (full of pics page
7-11 or so) with links to SEC, etc.
Solar indices X, etc : http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/indices.htm
Solar flares and CME : http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/sysol-soleil-ha4.htm

73's
Thierry
ON4SKY, LX3SKY (why god "SKY" ? Guess now ;-))

More as details become available...

73 de Tomas, NW7US (AAR0JA/AAM0EWA)
--
: Propagation Editor, CQ/CQ VHF/Popular Communications Magazines :
: http://hfradio.org/ -- http://prop.hfradio.org/ -- Brinnon, WA :