Old March 8th 06, 09:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
rtc

Default Build a Crystal Shortwave Radio

http://www.xtalman.com/

"Eric Ferguson" wrote in message
m...

Made my first crystal radio back in Intermediate School. I was into
astronomy at the time (knew more than the teacher G). So during tests

and
such, he had me winding coils and bread boarding my radio while listening

SW. He was a Ham and got me started in radio.

In my freshman year, had another Ham as a teacher. We would sit around

after
school and listen on various radios, including Xtal sets. In electronics
class (different teacher), we started out building Xtal sets, and advanced
to 5 tube superhets. Got my first SW set from my Father's friend. Old
Packard-Bell. Tuned 5.5-18 Mcs. First station heard was Radio Australia, I
was HOOKED.

Keep thinking I should build another Xtal set.....

Somewhere I have the *cans* (with a quarter inch plug) to use with
it.....Just can't seem to find *fahnstock (sp?)* clips anywhere.

Somewhere,
have a tuning cap, and several *oatmeal* containers...

One of these days.....

Eric