Old March 9th 06, 04:05 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.scanner
Bill Powell

Default Basic Scanner with CTCSS Decode

The time has come to replace my very old Regency/AOR scanner with
something a little more modern.

Right now I'm just attempting to compile a list of current and
recently discontinued scanners that meet my feature criteria:

Need
- CTCSS per channel decode. One tone per channel is OK
Unit must NOT stop on a busy channel just because it's busy
- VHF Low, High and UHF
- Mobile / base form factor

Would Like
- Alphanumeric display
- Programming AND control via PC

DON'T Need/want
- Handheld
- Trunking

It will be used in a high level RF environment (LOS to 8
commercial/public safety/ham towers) so I suspect that I'll have to
add some external filtering but a receiver with some front-end
selectivity to start with (electronically tuned filter) would be
great.

Suggestions?
Bill