Old March 9th 06, 03:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
running dogg

Default WGN joinsssss the dark ssssside

Pete KE9OA wrote:

No, the IBOC stuff sounds like
ssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhh. This occurs on
the channel directly above and directly below the culprit broadcaster. If
you are close to the station, the interference takes up another half channel
in each direction. What a mess! I hope those stations go out of business,
but of course, that is only wishful thinking.

Anybody remember AM Stereo? Point made. I doubt that IBOC will get
anywhere unless the feds legislate it like they did with HDTV.

Pete

wrote in message
I just now tuned in WGN 720 on my radio AM dial.They are talking sports
right now and I hear a buzzy staticky background noise.Is that the iboc
stuff I am hearing? If so,it sure is messed up BAD!
cuhulin