Old September 27th 03, 10:57 PM
Richard Clark

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 16:34:43 -0500, Cecil Moore
wrote:

Richard Clark wrote:
Since Rho is the
dependant variable, even squared (for you to force a -1 into this
charade) requires a concurrent observance of a negative in the right
hand side (negative power - perhaps if you were in a black hole).

You seem to have forgotten some junior high math, Richard. There is
no requirement for a negative anywhere in order for the square root
of a number to be negative. The square root of 100W/100W has two
values, plus or minus one, and sure enough, an open or a short will
cause 100% reflection.

Hi Cecil,

If neither powers are negative, the square root of them cannot
possibly enclose a negative. There is no possibility of Rho being
negative by your description. You should start biking to junior high.

BTW, I copied that page in Chipman with which you are having such a
problem and I don't see the problem you described.

My problem? Quote me rather than give me your tarted up remembrance
of what I said. Clearly your head cold cannot answer for such
consistently unreliable correspondence.

Absolutely nothing
said about reflections from the source. In fact, the source has the
same impedance as the transmission line so there are no reflections
from the source.

Duh!

Cecil, You are going to run your bike's mileage warrantee out by
pedalling to the library for one page copies at a time. Why don't you
spend a couple hours there and read it instead?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC