Old March 9th 06, 03:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Rob Mills

Default R-4b jack question

"COLIN LAMB" wrote in message
nk.net...

I have learned darker secrets about relatives.

Morning Colin,

I hear that! I did open it up last night and it was an additional phone jack
and there was a factory made square hole in the chassis ( copper plating
covered the edges of that hole ) to clear the jack and the jack was neatly
installed. I plugged it in and everything seemed to be working as it should
but am going to pick up a can of deoxit this afternoon and do some cleaning.
After looking at some of the switches I have decided that only the
transmitter was returned to drake to be gone through and it looks new
inside and out, wish it was the receiver that had gone back as I have no use
for the xmiter. Later, RM~