Old March 9th 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
an old friend

Default This would be like giving ham radio service a much needed enema.

Bob Bob wrote:
Should I jump in and make a comment? Why not!

I think you are unrealistic in thinking that legislated changes are any
help in "cleaning up" the ARS generally. In my view the exam system isnt
an entry requirement for the "club" but to satisfy those in government
circles that you are technically competent enough to run a station in a
safe and non invasive manner.. And thats all!

By invoking the changes you are suggesting you are defining what you
(and maybe others) think the ARS is all about.

i wonder if it is more of a wishfull longing for a "lost Golden age"
and things would be prefect if we could just get back to them