Old March 9th 06, 05:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Verstaldin

Default Discouraging Tedious OT Postings

Ignoring them can also encourage them to dig in and be really aggravating
What would Dr. PHIL do LOL.

All life all holiness come from you O Lord

"ve3..." wrote in message
oups.com...
The number and length of some OT postings seem to be increasing to the
point that some members are contemplating a moderated site. This would
be an unfortunate last step as many of the group have eclectic
backgrounds and their post, although off topic, make for interesting
reading. I think that those OT posts that involve propaganda and
tedious arguments of insidious intent should be discouraged. The best
way to do this is not to answer them in any way. Psychological theory
states that a message that is never responded to will not continue.
Sniping at them, no matter how clever, only rewards the message and
leads to more of the same. I am beginning to think that some of the
authors of these OT post are paid by some agency as part of some
disinformation sceme: otherwise why don't they ply their trade on the
political science or economics sites where they can meet the heavy
hitters? Has anyone noticed similar text on other websites that would
indicate an agitprop operation?