Old March 10th 06, 04:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

Default Current through coils

wrote:
Please stop trying to blame your mistakes on me! It's not my fault you
assumed more than you read! I've been telling you all along current at
each end of ANY small inductor has the same phase.

Please define "small" in terms of the number of degrees of phase
shift measured using a traveling wave signal.

Don't accuse me of lying because you made up a theory and it is dead
wrong! It isn't MY fault you painted yourself in a corner by adjusting
your theories to suit what you thought was said, when it wasn't even
said.

Your diversions are comical and obvious, Tom. Thanks for
the laugh.

If you stayed away from personal attacks I would converse with you.

Pot, Kettle. Kettle, Pot. Tom, your personal attacks are legend
throughout the internet and world wide web. I know hams who
are too terrified to respond to you even when you are wrong.

1.) We really can't have a good conversation until you stop the
constant personal attacks, and until we agree on a few basics.

Hard to accomplish since you define being proven technically wrong
as a personal attack.

2.) You claim Roy measured current that doesn't flow. That area needs
addressed.

Please explain how a net current with a fixed constant
non-rotating phase can possibly flow. Please explain
how a wire with 1 amp flowing in one direction and 1 amp
flowing in the other direction supports a net charge flow.

3.) You also claim significant current phase shift exists between the
terminals of a compact inductor operated well below self-resonance.

Please define "compact" in terms of the number of degrees
of phase shift measured using a traveling wave.

It's very simple to measure current and voltage and the phase
relationships in a two terminal device and prove you are wrong.

I've got many technical references that disagree. If you can do
that, why haven't you done that?

The current flowing into one end and out of the other end of a small
lumped inductor operated far below self-resonance is essentially equal
in both phase and amplitude.

Please define "small" as the number of degrees of phase shift
measured using a traveling wave.

You say it isn't, I say it is, and I can
prove it beyond any doubt to any open minded person.

Here, you are just out and out lying since I never said that.
Want to bet $1000 that you can prove I ever said that? I didn't
think so. What is with this compulsion you have to lie about
what I have said? Can't you win a technical argument without
lying?

I say I can easily build a loading coil that acts the same way. I can
replace 40 or 60 degrees of electrical height with an inductor that has
virtually no phase shift in current between the two terminals, and
virtually the same current level. I can prove that also.

I seriously doubt that. Please measure the phase shift using a
traveling wave through any coil that accomplishes that function.
I suspect you are being fooled by the current loop located inside
the coil and the fact that you have been ignorantly been measuring
the net standing wave current which is essentially irrelevant.

I'm just not sure I can prove anything to someone who thinks a current
transformer measures current that doesn't flow!

I explained it to you, Tom, in another posting. If you don't
understand it, you need technical help. At a fixed point on a wire
(where no net current or net charge is flowing) that is experiencing
a constant exchange of H-field energy with E-field energy every
cycle, a toroidal pickup coil will certainly report the results of
that orthogonal energy exchange between the fields even though there
is no lateral flow of net current or net charge. That's why a
standing-wave dipole radiates broadside and a traveling-wave
dipole is an end-fire. What school did you say you attended?
--
73, Cecil
http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp