Old March 10th 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Peter Wieck

Default For Sale Eico 667 Tube Tester

I have a 666. What's to calibrate?

Two pots inside, with a VOM across the AC primary transformer tap and
set to 130VAC with the line-adjust pot. One pot is then set to full
meter deflection (adjacent to the filament selector switch), the other
to 1/2 meter deflection (adjacent to the line-adjust pot) with various
buttons pushed. Takes 10 minutes apart from removal and installation
into the case. Did mine last night.

Does not have sockets for pre-octal tubes, but does run well up into
the compactrons and nuvistors. And it lists a lot of the pre-octals on
the chart, so there must be adaptors available. Calls itself a "dynamic
conductance" tester. Weight is about 12 pounds, or so. Not overly
large. Good, easy-to-read meter and very easy-to-roll tube chart. Eico
has a reputation for errors on its early tube charts, BTW.

Now to trace a niggly little fault, and intermittent to boot... the
worst kind. I expect it is a bad connection combined with a wire-or-two
out of place so that the problem only shows on occasion.

If I get it fixed, this one will go at Kutztown. I snagged it as the
price was right, but it is not a keeper... and of the three I have, it
is the least appealing. The other two do the older tubes as well.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA