Old March 10th 06, 09:29 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
The Magnum

Default What does it mean to be a _REAL_ Radio Ham? The FAQ is here!

"know code" wrote in message
Bob Bob wrote:

The law is suppose to reflect
the community attitude and beliefs rather than force its direction.

I think someone needs to tell that to the lawmakers in the UK regarding
the speed limits on the motorways and the positioning of some of the
fixed speed cameras which are in areas that are NOT dangerous.

Surely if the argument for the cameras was a valid one i.e. safety then the
slow down lights that flash at you to reduce your speed would be 100% better
than cameras which you sometimes don't even notice they are there until a
week later when the intent to prosecute letter drops through your
door...where does safety come in to it?, nothing to do with safety at all...
just revenue makers... so I agree with you...

Graham
--

Radio is only a Hobby. Don't let it rule your life...

73/51 - Graham, 26-Golf Charlie-19