Old March 11th 06, 04:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default New LongWire Antenna - What Type Wire?

James Douglas wrote:
As my existing fence is falling down and I have saved the 3K to replace
it it's also time for a new antenna. What type of wire would be best?
My existing antenna is around the fence about 8' in the area and the
area is shaped like [ with the long side running North/South.

- I prefer stranded insulated Wire; either solder the joints or
silicone glue them;

with supports frequent enough so it won't blow down ( in normal winds)
and is " Ice Storm" proof..

Winding the insulated wire around a 3/4 inch nylon rope might also do
the trick

Multiple antennas are another idea..

- More ideas at the link below . . .

http://www.hard-core-dx.com/nordicdx...ire/index.html