Old March 11th 06, 05:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

Default New LongWire Antenna - What Type Wire?

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 11:53:41 -0500, "markey"
wrote:

Bull**** David!

Buy yourself some WIRE! Get a roll of #12 teflon coated that will last
for years and not break if your neihbor farts in the same direction its
hanging....#12 stranded will take a lot of bending and flexing with the
wind. Believe it or not a #12 wire antenna is easier to tune and actually
picks up better than the hair sized crap that reminds David of his penis
diameter. Plus #12 is easier to solder on !.... At 30$ to 40$ a 500 foot
roll its a great investment! It comes in
green...brown...white...grey...red...blue...orang e ect. so you can hide it
no matter what.

I've done the #18 and # 22 Mistakes before.......Never again! I can break
the stuff by stretching it with my bare hands.

If your not on lifetime public assistance like David?....go for the good
stuff!

Whilst in principle a broader cross section results in lower Q, the
diameters as a fraction of wavelength are virtually identical,
Asshole.

And a $500 foot roll of TFE coated wire costs way more than 30 or 40
clams.