Old March 11th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
markey

Default New LongWire Antenna - What Type Wire?

Oh Pleeeze disease!

I paid 36.50 for my last roll almost a month ago.You must be shopping at
some democrap store??

And as far as diameters and fractions....you can tell a difference on same
length antenna's in recieving side by side ...a BIG NOTICABLE DIFFERENCE!

Go pick up your food stamps and trade em in for another rock of crack.

"David" wrote in message
On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 11:53:41 -0500, "markey"
wrote:

Bull**** David!

Buy yourself some WIRE! Get a roll of #12 teflon coated that will last
for years and not break if your neihbor farts in the same direction its
hanging....#12 stranded will take a lot of bending and flexing with the
wind. Believe it or not a #12 wire antenna is easier to tune and actually
picks up better than the hair sized crap that reminds David of his penis
diameter. Plus #12 is easier to solder on !.... At 30$ to 40$ a 500 foot
roll its a great investment! It comes in
green...brown...white...grey...red...blue...oran ge ect. so you can hide it
no matter what.

I've done the #18 and # 22 Mistakes before.......Never again! I can break
the stuff by stretching it with my bare hands.

If your not on lifetime public assistance like David?....go for the good
stuff!

Whilst in principle a broader cross section results in lower Q, the
diameters as a fraction of wavelength are virtually identical,
Asshole.

And a $500 foot roll of TFE coated wire costs way more than 30 or 40
clams.