Old March 11th 06, 09:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Ferrell

Default Dipole Extension (done)

I am glad to hear it now meets your expectations. I still have not
found a diagram of your antenna, but I did find this very good artical
on SWR:
http://www.qsl.net/k2hq/swr.htm#PART%201

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 21:00:00 GMT, "Dick, AA5VU"
wrote:

The antenna now lives! This morning I added a 14-inch wire to each leg
by attaching it to nut on the 40 meter side of coil/trap thing. The
experiment worked so I know how much I need to cut and solder in on he
40 meter dipole. I may run with the 14-inch wire whips for a week or so
and see what happens. The following is a list of the before and after
SWR readings. The 14" addition did just what the book said it would do.
I now have the 40 meter resonant point pretty close to where I want it
for PSK and RTTY but can still use the phone band as well.

7.600 1.8
7.500 1.4 2.0
7.400 1.1 1.8
7.300 1.1 1.3
7.200 1.4 1.1
7.100 1.7 1.1
7.050 1.8 1.3
7.000 1.8 1.4
6.900 2.0 1.6
6.800 - 2.0

The 50 MHz, 18 MHz, 24 MHz and 3.9 MHz readings did not change and
they are all 1.1 or very close.

Bill, W9INN, will be missed. He was a great guy and his antennas were
excellent. Too bad nobody picked up the ball from him. My old 40/80
W9INN has been modified to add WARC bands but still works great after 20
years of use and abuse. The traps are still in good shape.

TNX for reading

73, Dick AA5VU

John Ferrell W8CCW