Old March 12th 06, 05:37 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Plod's Conscience

Default TIME TO RESIGN FROM THE RSCB? (Was : The smallest Baird Televisor?)

When directors of the RSCB sneer at attempts to promote
discussion, then perhaps it is time for all self-respecting
_REAL_ Radio Hams to resign en masse from the RSCB?

(Is Peter Kirby aware of the way in which his latest pet
lap-dog is pooing on the lounge carpet?)

Brian Reay wrote:
"Plod's Conscience" wrote in message
ups.com...
My local garage is selling laser devices that project
a straight line for just under a fiver. I wonder if these
devices (with the lens removed so that they just
produce a single spot) could be modulated to be
the light source in a Baird Televisor?

The Baird system has been superceded by more modern techniques. In fact,
unless you catch up quick, you may miss out a whole generation of technical
improvements that have occured since "Stookie"