Old March 12th 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

Default Radiation Resistance

wrote:
For a monopole with uniform current, C=1580
For a monopole with triangular current C= 395

Radiation resistance is four times greater when the antenna has uniform
current.

Reg didn't say "uniform current". He said "uniformly distributed
current". A triangular current wave is uniformly distributed,
i.e. it has a linear taper. Seem to me we need to find out
what Reg meant by "uniformly distributed current". I thought
he meant uniformly triangularly distributed. I think Richard
thought the same thing.
--
73, Cecil
http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp