Old September 28th 03, 04:41 AM
Cecil Moore

Richard Clark wrote:
If neither powers are negative, the square root of them cannot
possibly enclose a negative.

Huh?????? The square root of +100W/+100W cannot be negative?????
WOW! Sounds like you are letting your personal feelings get in
the way of accepted math principles. Hint: If one of those powers
is negative, the square root will be imaginary.

Cecil, You are going to run your bike's mileage warrantee out by
pedalling to the library for one page copies at a time. Why don't you
spend a couple hours there and read it instead?

I've got page 139, the one you referenced, in front of me. It says
absolutely nothing about reflections from the source. All it seems
to say is that conjugately matched loads accept more power than
non-conjugately matched loads but we knew that already.

Incidentally, pages 140-143 discusses "Transmission line sections
as two-port networks" using the h-parameter analysis. Who said
transmission lines didn't have ports?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp