Old March 14th 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Larry Benko

Default RTV Silicone And Coax Outer Jacket: Safe ?

Bob,

Go to h

http://www.dowcorning.com/content/et..._aas_1ptov.asp

for just about everything you would ever want to know. We use several
grades of electronics RTVs at work in contact with coaxial cable jackets
and all kinds of components to meet DO-160E vibration requirements for
airplave use. The stuff we use does not have the characteristic acetic
acid smell which I think is actually stearic acid.

73,
Larry, W0QE

Robert11 wrote:
Hello:

Is it safe to use the typical GE RTV silicones against a Polyethylene (PE)
coax outer jacket ?

I know the RTV's use some type of acid (acetic ?) to cure the stuff, and I
was wondering if
anyone might have any first hand experience if there is any kind of
interaction with a coax outer jacket ?

Thanks,
Bob