Old March 14th 06, 01:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Buzzygirl

Default MW propogation and weather

"Telamon" wrote in message

Do weather changes affect the ionosphere in the lower layers that are
responsible for night time propagation?

I've wondered the same thing. If we're technically at "solar minimum" in
terms of solar activity, and yet our reports show something of a change in
reception/propagation, I have to wonder how much geophysical events effect
MW propagation.

As an aside, Southern Minnesota (where I live) just got slammed with a late
winter storm, so I'm very curious as to how (or if) the storm might've
affected what I will hear tonight.

I'm going to turn on the radio right now, and "see" what I can hear... if
there is a departure from my usual MW reception at this time of year, I'll
report back.

Jackie