Old March 14th 06, 07:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Harrison

Default Yagi Antenna Question

Art Unwin wrote:
"I read as far as the word "tho a" and you made my day, you confirmed
what I suspected that all antennas are based around yagis and not about
antennas in general which is exactly the point I made earlier."

Glad to see you posting again, Art.

Kraus produced an organization chart of antennas on page 56 of the 3rd
edition of "Antennas". In the Kraus plan, the "Yagi-Uda" is among the
"End Fires".

The topic is: "Yagi Antenna Question".

Roy responded with:
"Suppose you have a two-element driven array with the elements spaced a
quarter wave apart and 90 degrees our of phase."

This driven antenna produces a nice null to the rear as a Yagi can, but
the Yagi is a parasitic array, not a driven array.

In this forum, a participant is free to take the discussion in any
desired direction and other participants are just as free to respond or
not any way they want to. It`s freedom of choice!

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI