Old March 14th 06, 04:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
YT

Default When did Kenwoods etc become "boatanchors"?

Yes, my 35 year old Yaesu 570 with nothing but tubes is most certainly
classic but indeed it is not a BoatAnchor by our unwritten definition.

At least for now.

But as the elmers pass on and the next generation of tube heads come up,
they will make up their own definitions.

Just human nature.

"Cal" wrote in message
Kenwoods, Yaesus, Icoms, Sonys...sheesh!
Don't you guys with your modern rice boxes have plenty of other forums to
fill up? I know you'd like to think your stuff is "classic" but it isn't
and doesn't belong here.