Old March 14th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Extending the range of VHF handhelds by using external ariels - help please! (Ikom)

Dear John,

Thank-you so much for your detailed reply.

The current areial is indeed a screw fit rather than twist which is
good news because it reduces the number of connectors!

Does the "military" grade version of the cable,
http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?...=14m3&QV=P#faq
work any better? I can't see if the only difference is that the outer
sheath is tougher or if this actually means that the cable is less
lossy. I reckon that its going to be a maximum of 20ft from handset to
the aerial.

I'll drop the RAYNET guys an email. Once again, many thanks for your
help. I'll certainly post here if I end up doing this with any advice
for anyone else that might find this post!

Many thanks,

Alex