Old March 14th 06, 10:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

Default RTV Silicone And Coax Outer Jacket: Safe ?

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 15:32:00 -0500, "markey"
wrote:

Yea like you have tried it for yourself idiot....I have taken RF connectors
apart after 18 years of temps of 105+ down to -20 and lots of rain...ice and
snow and found em to be as good as the day they were installed. Out of
hundreds I've sealed this way I've never had one to leak...And I'm not going
to mention the hundreds of thousands that were sealed this way on CATV
connectors for the last 20 years in this little town (Chicago) and never
turned up a water soaked one yet.

Why do you put down stuff you know nothing about you drug riddled chunk of
****?

That so called putty/tape stuff you talk about is crap according to people
that put up and install antenna's for a living and thousands of amateur
radio operators as well.That putty from 3M is good for electrical work
inside the house...house wiring to be exact....but not antenna conections
that sway in the breeze ...if the connection moves at all it opens the putty
and lets water in . Think about it dip****??!!

**** off retard...Your just full of bad advice arent you?!!

Gosh. I had no idea we had a Cable Guy in our midst.

Out here we use Snap N Seal connectors for TV cable. I've never heard
of using Permatex on RF connectors. I must've had a sheltered 40
year career in broadcast electronics.

BTW, you use the putty under a standard wrap of 33+. This is only for
mid-air splices or other straight-line connection. A ''bulkhead''
connection should always be in an enclosure.

http://www.tselectronic.com/thomandbetts/sns.html