Old March 15th 06, 12:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
junius

Default NEW Sony AN-12 Active Antenna

I have an AN-1 antenna. I see no difference appearance-wise between
the AN-1 and the AN-12 pictured on the Sony website. The picture on
the Sony website shows the mounting apparatus in assembled form,
whereas the Universal website shows all of the various components in
pre-assembled form.

While I've never bothered measuring the AN-1 in millimeters, the specs
seem to be the same as the AN-12: frequency coverage (including the
two frequency range settings), the same "ANC-2"-designated coupler,
same power requirements (including the provision for 6xAA powering).

I guess the question is, did Sony take the old AN-1 and modify it in
some way and produce some new model? If so, might we see it in the
States? I had thought Sony was pulling out of the shortwave market.

junius