Old March 15th 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
junius

Default NEW Sony AN-12 Active Antenna

Well, I'd say so, since I never found the AN-1 a particularly stellar
performer on LW or MW. Nonetheless, there is a switch on the front of
the control box for two frequency ranges:

0.15-30MHz (LW/MW/SW) and 1.6-30MHz (SW)

But, to be fair, the AN-1, while providing somewhat modest gain on the
SW bands, was a decent match for portables (where overload would be a
concern); the ability to mount it out of doors gave it an advantage not
to be found with the now-popular indoor active loop antennas (AN-LP1
and that Kaito/Degen one) designed for portables.

junius

Brenda Ann wrote:

Wasn't the AN-1 for HF frequencies only?