Old September 28th 03, 07:04 PM
Richard Clark

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 13:44:48 GMT, Gene Nygaard
wrote:
We've already heard the same lame excuse three times before.

Hi Gene,

So how deep do I have to plant it before it takes root? ;-)

Like this compulsive interest with your fleas, you have written a
Gregorian Mass that consists of only one note. To your advantage, if
you had transposed "Old MacDonald Had a Farm"; then the monotonic
rendition would at least give the appearance of CW. You are
dreadfully out of your element here.

Given the low intellectual bandwidth offered by your specious claims,
I can sit back and enjoy some stylistic variations to exercise my
fingers at the keyboard. I especially enjoy your barnyard epithets -
such a self fulfilling cliche inspires my anecdotes. Here's another
that a liberal education would have exposed you to (if only):

"On this occasion Dr. Whistler told a pretty story related
by Muffett, a good author, of Dr. Cayus that built Key's
College: that being very old and lived only at that time upon
woman's milk, he, while he fed upon the milk of a angry
fretful woman, was so himself; and then being advised to
take of a good natured woman, he did become so, beyond the
common temper of his age."

Oh, if you missed the citation to the quote above, that was again from
Samuel Pepys (same day in fact) who, although not trained in the
sciences, did learn to respect others of learning and accomplishment.
And by the way, that earlier quote:
Dr, Wilkins saying that he hath read for him in his
church) that is poor and a debauched man, that the College have
hired for 20s. to have some of the blood of a Sheep let into his
body

Contains a Pound reference you obviously missed (from the exchange
rate of 20 Shillings). Now, as every good Englishman would have
understood back then, this was a conversion. If he held 20 coins they
were NOT a Pound which is a single coin. There is an equivalency, but
this does not constitute an equality. Pepys could have written 1£
that is shorter, but he did not as it was obviously not what was
tendered to the debauched man. Even the debauched man would
understand the significance of weight v. mass and how equivalencies of
1pound = umpty-ump grams does not render the term pound as mass,
merely an antiquated variant much like 10000 swallows' tongues = 1KG.
Shirley you don't consider swallows' tongues as units of mass? Cow
tongues (Neat's tongue to the English) perhaps. And this leads us
back to the good Dr. Cayus' condition - perhaps you should change your
diet.

The folks at the end of the line are beginning to complain - could you
move back some more?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC