Old March 15th 06, 02:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Scott Dorsey

Default What's A Boat Anchor

Ed wrote:
It's a tube rig made in America by Americans. I love my 78 Toyota pickup,
but it will never be the classic a pre-70's American made vehicle is, it is
worthless to anyone but me. Same for rice box radios, after the new is worn
off, they're worthless compared to vintage American made rigs, just look on
EBay. Yes, I owned rice boxes the first time around, thousands of dollars
worth of rice boxes, and now they're worth the same amount as my 78 Toy
pickup.

No, not at all. I have used German boatanchors and Soviet boatanchors.
Never used any of the prewar or wartime Japanese boatanchors, but I have
seen a few on display now and then.

If the input power in watts is less than the weight in pounds, it's a
boatanchor.
--scott