Old March 15th 06, 04:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Frank

Default Modeling question

Hi Frank

The pgm I was using complained about Seg.Len/Rad 6 for which I adjusted
the seg lengths for accordingly. I guess the warnings are different for
each software front end.

More reading and expermenting to do! Tnxs for your input.

Cheers Bob

Hi Bob, you are probably right about the different software standards. The
NEC-2 Users Manual, p8, first paragraph, states: "Delta/a must be 'about'
8 for errors 1%". I guess the developers of 4nec2 considered the error
for Delta/a 6 to be acceptable.

Your model, in free space with no pole, does deviate a little from a thin
wire dipole of the same length. Possibly the stub effects the pattern some.

Both of Cebik's books make excellent reading for NEC modeling, although
oriented to Nittany's products. Also www.cebik.com is a good source of
information.

73,

Frank