Old March 15th 06, 05:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Al

Default How old are you?

I'm 56, and got my Novice in '64, General in '65, Advanced in '69, and
Extra in'78 (or somewhere around there). I was interested in
electronics since I was about 10, maybe before that. Like others have
said, I used to pick up old TV's and radios that were being thrown out,
either to strip out the parts or to fix up and use.

I don't have a whole lot of boatanchors, but I do have the Heath
SB-301/401 line that I use for my main operating equipment, and I also
have a DX-40, HG-10 VFO, and an NC-300 that I recently fixed up and
aligned. Also a Swan 250 that I use on six meters once in a while.

When I get tired of a piece of equipment, I buy a better one to replace
it, then usually sell the old one since I have a limited amount of
space in the shack.

Al, WA2AS