Old September 28th 03, 07:37 PM
Richard Clark

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 02:58:56 GMT, mike wrote:

However, like most SWL's, I feel compelled to install something that
pulls in even more.

Enter Alpha Delta

mike

Hi Mike,

If one antenna were perfect, we would all have that one (and I am sure
no two users would duplicate the other's choice).

I have several (goes without saying I suppose) that easily overlap in
the HF region and none duplicate the performance of the other. ALSO
no single one is always better than the other (choose any pair or
combination to compare).

Signals do not always arrive at the same strike angle to earth and
given the variety of antennas, I find one is more suitable to that
angle than another. Sometimes the choice is like a dead resistor
where the other shines, and then an hour later their roles reverse.
Propagation does not always conform to our design choice that is
optimized for what the signal is not.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC